YWES and other stewardship groups sent the following questions to all candidates for mayor and councillor in Langley:
The document below has all the responses received before Oct. 18th.
Make sure to vote on Saturday, Oct. 20!
- What is the one best thing you could do while in office to directly help our Watersheds and Environment?
- What is your position on a tree bylaw for the Township of Langley?
- We are finding that more environmental staff are needed to ensure a healthy community. What will you do to increase staff time dedicated to conserving our local environment and enforcing our existing bylaws?
- Integrated Stormwater Management Plans (ISMPs) are studies of a whole watershed including groundwater resources. ISMPs are required for watersheds in Metro Vancouver that are impacted by more than 20% development. What is your stand on developing ISMP’s for all of Langley’s watersheds regardless of the current or projected percentage of development?
- Our farmland needs to be preserved for a sustainable future. What is your position on preserving and possibly expanding the land in the Township of Langley dedicated to food production?